2017 IBA-Europhysics Prize for Applied Nuclear Science and Nuclear Methods in Medicine
Call for Nominations
The board of the European Physical Society (EPS) Nuclear Physics Division calls for nominations for the 2017 IBA-Europhysics Prize, sponsored by the company IBA in Belgium. The award will be given to one or several individuals for outstanding contributions to Applied Nuclear Science and Nuclear Methods and Nuclear Researches in Medicine.
The board welcomes proposals which represent the breadth and strength of Applied Nuclear Science and Nuclear Methods in Medicine in Europe.
Nominations should be accompanied by a completed nomination form, a brief curriculum vitae of the nominee(s) and a list of relevant publications. Up to two letters of support from authorities in the field, outlining the importance of the work of the nominee(s), would also be helpful. Nominations will be treated in strict confidence. While all nominations will be acknowledged, there will be no further communication from the selection committee, until the announcement of the prize winner.
Nominations should be submitted by e-mail to Faiçal Azaiez, Chair of the EPS Nuclear Physics Division and Chair of the 2017 IBA-Europhysics Prize Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of nominations: 15th January 2017.
Nomination forms can be downloaded
- The Prize shall be awarded every two years.
- The Prize shall consist of a Diploma of the EPS and a total prize money of EUR 5000 (to be shared if more than one laureate).
- The money for the Prize is provided by IBA Company, Belgium.
- The Prize shall be awarded to one or more researchers.
- The Prize shall be awarded without restrictions of nationality, sex, race or religion.
- Only work that has been published in refereed journals can be considered in the proposals for candidates to the prize.
- The board of the EPS Nuclear Physics Division shall request nominations to the Prize from experts in Nuclear Science and related fields who are not members of the Board.
- Self-nominations for the award shall not be accepted.
- Nominations shall be reviewed by a Prize Committee appointed by the board. The Committee shall consider each eligible nomination and make recommendations to the board, taking into account reports of referees who are not members of the board.
- The final recommendation of the board and a report shall be submitted for ratification to the Executive Committee of the EPS.